Strategic service management (SSM) is a business strategy that aims to optimize the post-sales service that a company provides, by synchronizing service parts and resources forecasting, service partners, workforce technicians, and service pricing.
Benefits of strategic service management can include:
- Increased revenue through the servicing of manufactured products that may be experiencing decreased sales
- Increased customer loyalty through improved post-sale service performance
- Heightened asset accountability and tracking
- Increased worker productivity
- More knowledgeable workers to prevent common mistakes
Service parts management is the main component of a complete strategic service management process that companies use to ensure that the right spare parts and resources are at the right place (where the broken part is) at the right time.
ServiceMax from GE Digital, the leading field service management (FSM) application which combines elements of strategic service management with a suite of other products from automatic scheduling to proactive maintenance. To learn more, download the report.